2014年6月18日水曜日

CALL Literary Reaction Journal 4

Reaction to The Happy Prince

I. Summary
 The story which I tried to summarize and react is "The Happy Prince." The statue of the Happy Prince that he gilded all over with thin leaves of fine gold and had bright sapphire eyes and had sword a large red ruby glowed on his sword-hilt stood on tall column. He was very much admired by people of the city. One day, Swallow came over to him. Then he asked the Swallow to bring her the ruby out of his sword-hilt for a mother and her son. The mother worked as a seamstress and her son was lying ill. In this way, he ask the Swallow to bring a part of his body for poor people. The statue of the Happy Prince became shabby. One day when it began to snow, the Swallow fell down dead at his feet in cold. Then, he was melted in a furnace, but his broken lead heart didn't melt.
 

II.Reaction

1. Protagonist
 A protagonist of this story is the Happy Prince. He was admired by people and sacrificed himself for people who are troubled. But, I think he didn't help by himself. Although he noticed people who are troubled, he couldn't help them without the Swallow. A protagonist of this story is the Happy Prince. But I think the Swallow play an important role almost as same as him.

2. Motif
 I think it is kindness to make something for people. It is important for us to know to make something for people, but we can't readily do it. The Happy Prince can do it as a matter of course. Is there anything I can do for people? I am thought about it once more.

3. Denouement
 A denouement of this story was sad, but I had warm feeling at the same time. Because I thought to touch on their love for people who are troubled.

4. General opinion
 I think the Happy Prince is wonderful. And the Swallow is wonderful, too. The Happy Prince sacrificed himself for people, the Swallow sacrificed itself for the prince. I'm thought importance to make something for person.


5 件のコメント:

  1. Hello Narumi-suke,

    You did a particularly good job with your summary, excellent, I'd say. Nice work!

    返信削除
    返信
    1. Sorry for my late reply.

      Really? It was good that I tried my summary hard!

      削除
  2. Hello Narumi.I read your brog.I sympasized you.

    返信削除
    返信
    1. Thank you for reading my blog.

      I'm glad to be told that.

      削除
  3. Hello Narumi.
    I enjoyed reading your journal. Your summary is easy to understand of this story.

    返信削除