2014年6月3日火曜日

CALL Literary Reaction Journal 2

Reaction to A Red, Red Rose

I.Summary

The poem I chose to summarize and react to is A Red, Red Rose by Robert Burns.The type of this poem seems to be lyric poety because it seems to write about love. And this writer says good-bye to beloved person, but, on the other hand, promise her to meet again.


II.Reaction

1.Character
I
You(=beloved person)

2.Theme
Theme of this poem is love. I can understand size of the love of this writer by "my Luve" and "my dear" being used many times.

3.Simile
"Like a red, red rose" and " like the melodie" are simile. This writer compare the beloved person to a beautiful thing. By using this simile, this writer's love is emphasized.

4.General opinion
I felt this writer loved her very much. Therefore, I thought it was sad that he must say good-bye to her. But I thought it was splendid that he promised her to meet again and to compare her to beautiful words.

2 件のコメント:

  1. Hello Narumi,

    I think you did a pretty good job with this analysis. Your ideas are cogent and your writing easy to understand. Please keep up with the schedule of work.

    返信削除
    返信
    1. I appreciate your comments. I'm sorry, I will be careful from now.

      削除